Information that we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following personal information about you in relation to the Pow Health website (the “Site”):
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registration, including profile details obtained from other trusted identity providers that you select when registering or logging into our Site (such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Windows Live, Yahoo and others);
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- information that you provide when interacting with the “Tracker” part of the Site, or other similar or related surveys;
- posts or other data that you upload to the Site;
- details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs interaction data and other communication data, the resources that you access;
- information that you provide when you report a problem with our Site;
- preferences you have selected in order to personalise the site for you;
- prescription and adverse drug reaction information you might provide; and
- information provided to use the various tools that you might find on the website, e.g. treatment reminder tool.
Use of personal information
We process personal information about you in relation to our Site for the purposes of:
- providing you with our services and enabling you to use the Site;
- tailoring our services to your requirements and preferences;
- tailoring advertising and sponsorship material which may appear in parts of the Site (if applicable), which is designed to be specific to your user profile;
- providing you with links to news material and other websites which are designed to be specific to your user profile;
- creating graphics and statements to provide you with graphical representations and statements about the data that you and other users have provided to the Site in an aggregated non-identifiable format;
- providing your personal data (e.g. information, posts and other data you upload to the Site) in non-identifiable form to carefully selected Research Partners (as defined below). (See “Disclosure of your personal information”, below, for further details.);
- recommending other users as friends that you may want to connect with based on their similarity to your user profile; and
- presenting you with details of clinical trials that you may want to participate in.
“Community”, “Friends” and “Private”
There are three categories of interactions that you can have on the Site: “Community”, “Friends” and “Private”. The category of each post you make will affect which other Users can see that post. This is further explained on the Site.
Public User Content
Some of your posts and other data that you input to the Site (“User Content”) will be deemed to be “Public User Content” and is generally accessible by all visitors to the Site and by us. This is content that:
- you post as a status update or tracker update and do not mark it as “Private” (this will be a “Community” or “Friends” interaction);
- you post as a comment against another User’s post (this will be a “Community” or “Friends” interaction); or
- you post in the open forums as a question or as part of a discussion (this will be a “Community” interaction).
Public User Content may, in addition to being processed for the purposes set out under the heading “Use of personal information” above, be processed for the purposes of posting such Public User Content on the Site and any other websites or newsletters of any description that we operate from time to time.
The Site provides you with the opportunity to opt out of receiving marketing information from us or to opt in to receiving marketing information. We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for marketing purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by selecting the appropriate opt in/opt out button each time you submit a form containing your contact information on the Site. You can also exercise the right at any time by sending us an email, or by writing to us at the following address: Pow Health, 88 Wood Street, 10th Floor, London, EC2V 7RS, United Kingdom, or clicking on “unsubscribe”.
Where we store personal information
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Disclosure of your personal information
We will not sell your personal information in a personally identifiable format to third parties without your prior consent. We may disclose your personal information as set out above to:
- any member of our group of companies, which includes our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- successors in title to our business;
- to suppliers and external agencies we engage to process information on our behalf;
- to third parties (including, but not limited to, professional indemnity insurers, brokers, auditors and other professional advisors);
- in a non-identifiable form only, to third party carefully selected research partners, which may include patient charities, healthcare bodies, pharmaceutical and other research organisations (“Research Partners”); and
- where disclosure is required by law or any regulatory authority.
Cancellation of your registration
If your registration is cancelled, by you or by us, this will result in the permanent deletion of your account from the Site. It will typically take one month to delete an account. Some information may remain in backup copies for a further 90 days. After deletion of your account, we may retain certain parts of your data so that it can be shared in aggregated, non-identifiable form with our Research Partners (as defined above). We will not retain data about you for any other purpose after deletion of your account.
Given that the internet is a global environment, using the internet to collect and process personal information necessarily involves the transmission of information on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing the Site and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal information in this way.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access or processing.
Access to information
You have a right to access personal information that we hold about you or to obtain a copy of it. Any access request may be subject to a fee (not to exceed £10) towards our costs in providing you with details of the information that we hold about you. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. To obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, please write to us at Pow Health, 88 Wood Street, 10th Floor, London, EC2V 7RS, United Kingdom.
If you have any requests or queries concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to our practices, please contact us.
Date of issue: 1st May, 2013